EGGNOG COOKIES


These Eggnog Cookies help your favourite holiday beverage right into a scrumptious handheld treat!

You realize, for somebody who doesn’t take care of eggnog in the pure form, I sure have tossed lots of eggnog recipes the right path within the holidays. And That I have a different one coming a few days ago! Whew. I believe that'll be it with this season. Everyone loved the eggnog cheesecake cookie cups I made a few days ago, and so i made the decision to follow the eggnog theme. Plus, I still had eggnog within my fridge which i needed to utilise, since i won’t drink the stuff.
Despite hating eggnog in the pure, thick, unappealing natural form, I really love the flavors it provides to baked goods. Simply swapping out milk for eggnog inside a recipe will truly change it and provide it an ideal quantity of spice and flavour.
To create these cookies, I began with my very favourite chocolate nick cookie recipe. I halved the recipe to create a smaller sized batch, with a couple of quick additions and substitutions, these Eggnog Cookies were born. I opted to place rum into both cookies and glaze, however if you simply prefer them without or need to make them kid friendly, you should use rum extract or vanilla flavoring rather. If you are using extract, make sure to make use of the amount suggested for the recipe because they’re more concentrated than rum.
As with every cookie dough, I suggest chilling it not less than 3 hrs. This can help the flavours meld but, more to the point, ensures your cookies won’t spread an excessive amount of within the oven. What I love to do is portion out all the dough utilizing a cookie scoop and put the dough on the lined baking sheet. You are able to crowd them at this time, as it’s only for chilling. With this particular technique, you simply need to chill the dough for around an hour approximately.
Once chilled, I roll each scoop right into a ball to assist ensure they bake up perfectly round within the oven. This isn’t essential-do, but It creates more attractive cookies. Also, don’t crowd your cookie sheets! I discovered that whenever I baked less cookies per sheet, they switched out better. I suggest a maximum of 6 per sheet, however, it’s a desire factor. The batches where I'd 9 per sheet maybe weren’t as crackly/pretty, but sampled just as scrumptious!
These Eggnog Cookies would be the perfect treat for the holiday table. A kick in the rum for that adults (should you include it) or perhaps a festive sweet treat for the children (youthful and old). The eggnog flavour really comes through, if you like eggnog you'll love these cookies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poppy seed chicken casserole

Yellow cake mix recipes

Tomato sauce recipe