4 extra-large egg-whites, at 70 degrees
Pinch kosher salt
2 teaspoons corn starch
1 teaspoon white-colored wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla flavoring
Sweetened Whipped Cream, recipe follows
1/2 pint fresh bananas, hulled and sliced
1/2 pint fresh particularly
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
Triple Raspberry Sauce, recipe follows
1 cup cold heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla flavoring
1 half-pint fresh raspberries
1 cup seedless raspberry jam (12-ounce jar)
1 tablespoon framboise liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 180 levels F.
- Convey a sheet of parchment paper on the sheet pan. Draw a 9-inch circle around the paper, utilizing a 9-inch plate like a guide, then turn the paper over therefore the circle is on the opposite side. (By doing this you will not obtain a pencil mark around the meringue.)
- Put the egg-whites and salt within the bowl of the electric mixer fitted having a whisk attachment. Beat the egg-whites on high-speed until firm, about one minute. Using the mixer still on high, gradually add some sugar and beat until it can make firm, shiny peaks, a couple of minutes.
- Take away the bowl in the mixer, sift the corn starch to the beaten egg-whites, add some vinegar and vanilla, and fold in gently having a rubber spatula. Pile the meringue into the center of the circle around the parchment paper and smooth it inside the circle, creating a rough disk. Bake for 1 1/2 hrs. Switch off the oven, keep your door closed, and permit the meringue to awesome completely within the oven, about one hour. It will likely be crisp around the outdoors and soft inside.
- Invert the meringue disk onto a plate and spread the very best completely with sweetened whipped cream. Combine the bananas, particularly and raspberries inside a bowl and toss about 1/2 cup of raspberry sauce, or enough to coat the berries gently. Spoon the berries carefully into the center of the Pavlova, departing a border of cream and meringue. Serve immediately in large scoops with extra raspberry sauce.
- Sweetened Whipped Cream:
- Whip the cream within the bowl of the electric mixer fitted having a whisk attachment (you may also make use of a hands mixer). If this begins to thicken, add some sugar and vanilla and then beat until firm. Don't overbeat!
- Yield: 1 cup
- Triple Raspberry Sauce:
- Put the raspberries, sugar and 1/4 cup water in a tiny saucepan. Provide a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 4 minutes. Pour the cooked raspberries, the jam, and framboise in to the bowl of the mixer fitted having a steel blade and process until smooth. Chill.
- Yield: 2 cups